Once you've completed your madeira Airport taxi/transfer booking, we will email you your booking confirmation, within the next 24 hours which will show your complete itinerary.
Please check your spam folder as this usually seems to solve the problem in the majority of cases. Please also check if you entered your e-mail correctly. If this does not help, then, Send Us an email or call us we will be able to send you the confirmation straight away.
- This is one of the biggest differences between us and the others. www.madeira-airport-taxis.com allows you to book your Madeira airport transfers ONLINE 12 hours prior to your flight.
- In these cases you will not receive a confirmation e-mail because you have made a booking very close to the time of arrival, our driver will still be there waiting for you (as our automated system will inform the driver).
- However, we highly recommend you to make your reservations in advance.
If your flight details change prior to departure simply Email Us.
- A one-way airport booking will include a single journey, either from your arrival Madeira airport Funchal, or to your departure to the airport.
- A two-way airport booking includes both the arrival and departure transfer from Funchal,Madeira airport to accommodation.
- As you come through the sliding doors from baggage reclaim, look out for your Madeira airport taxis driver who will be holding up a sign with our name.If you cannot find the funchal airport driver then call us.
- Our telephone number is on your confirmation email.
We confirm all flight directly with Funchal airport and will be waiting until you arrive.
- Our Madeira Airport Taxi Driver will normally wait for 60 minutes before making enquiries with the airline and lost and found.
- The driver will also attempt to call you if a valid mobile telephone number is given.
- Only after all this and if there is no sign of the passengers will the driver leave the airport.
- Yes, on Private Taxi transfers children seats are free of charge; they must be reserved at the time of booking the transfer.
- On Private taxi transfers, infants and children do count as one person as they take up a seat belt place.
- On Shared airport Transfer, infants and children do count as one person as they take up a seat belt place.
- Each passenger has an allowance of a suitcase and piece of hand luggage .
- If you are bringing extra luggage for example; pushchairs, wheelchairs, golf bags or any other out of the ordinary items ; please Notify Us in the message box in the booking form or to the contact page; ensuring that we are aware of the extra luggage.
- We may have to send a larger car.
- There is no extra charge.if reserved at the time of booking the transfer.
Yes, you can book our return transfer the following ways:
- By email:
- Telefone: +351 925 14 57 69
- or just tell the driver what time and day you want to be picked up.
- The times on the price list are the standard journey times on a normal day.
- These times may alter slightly in high season when there is more traffic or road works affect the direct route of the journey.
- You will be notified if there is any anticipated delay to your journey.
- We automatically calculate your collection time for your departure flight as the journey time plus 2 hours check in time.
- You have the option to override this if you have chosen a Private transfer; we then collect you from your hotel/apartment at the time you have requested.
- Madeira-Airport-Taxis recommend that you arrive at Funchal airport a minimum of 90 minutes before departure time. We will not accept responsibility for missed flights due to clients not booking the taxi with enough time to spare.
- On a shared transfer the time will be given to you and you don´t have an option to override it.
Depending on the transfer booked:
- Shuttle and shared airport transfers will pick-up and drop off people en-route.
- Private taxi transfers provide a direct door to door service.
- No, if you book a Private transfer.
- Yes, if you book a Shared transfer.
- Very easy and safe.
- You pay the driver in cash [euros]
- Please pay all at once after you arrive at the Hotel. Once you have paid, the driver will give you ; a "Pick up voucher" ; which you will then give to the driver on the return journey in lieu of money.
- Or you are also welcome to pay online (in advance); we use PayPal, the system that is used by EBAY and offers the latest and best security technology. If you opt to pay in advance via PayPal our driver will be automatically informed so you will not need to do anything else.
- However, if you really do prefer not to pay all at once there is no problem; you can pay for each trip separately!
- Madeira Airport Taxis will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time and that it reaches its destination on time.
- If for any reason the vehicle for your departure transfer is delayed more than 5 mins from the scheduled pickup time, please call Funchal Airport Taxis, name and phone number are provided on voucher or confirmation email.
Please ask our driver.
All prices shown on our site are in Euros.
All drivers, passengers and vehicles are fully licensed and insured by the DRTT
All our drivers speak English and Portuguese.
We don´t guarantee a specific kind of vehicle; it will probably be a taxi or a Minibus.
By prior arrangement on a Private Funchal Airport transfers only, although not at peak times - a supplement may be applicable.
- We cater to any place on Madeira Island.
- Shared transfer, however do not drop passengers at private addresses.
- If you require a transfer to a private address i.e. Villa, apartment then we recommend our range of Private transfer.
- Email us on: with the new your details.
- All free of charge.
- You may cancel your booking at any time, please email us on:
- If your flight has been cancelled by your airline please let us know so we can inform our driver.
- No Cancellation Fees
We provide Funchal airport transfers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year - including holidays.
- Private taxi Transfers are quoted per Vehicle.
- Shared transfer are quoted for a Maximum of 2 people.
- Our prices do not include a tip.
- In Madeira Island tips are not compulsory.
- As is standard across the globe if you feel your driver has been friendly and courteous, then a small tip is the norm.
Funchal Airport Taxis reserve the right to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to be abusive and could pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
Madeira-airport-taxis.com operates a complete non smoking policy in all vehicles used.
You can make a reservation as soon as you have your flight number. We allow you to make a reservation a maximum of 9 months before your date of travel.
- We will take you anywhere you like.
- Please Send Us an email for an exact price quote.